If you’ve signed up for an online event for ProxThink or ProxThink-related projects (such as those listed at loughry.com), below are details about attending.
Online Events Using AnyMeeting
If the organizer or the event you signed up for says you’ll attend via AnyMeeting, it will be used for screen-sharing, chat and a possible conference call. You can join the online meeting or webinar via AnyMeeting with a computer (Windows, Mac, Linux/Ubuntu) or mobile device (iOS, Android) including phones and tablets. A computer or tablet is recommended rather than a phone, since some text might be too small on a phone when viewing screen sharing. For the possible conference call, whether you’re using a computer, mobile device or telephone for the audio part of the session, some kind of headset will make for better audio. See the links below for more on all of this.
Useful AnyMeeting Links
At the links below, they might talk about attending webinars and meetings as different things. Our events could be either, so if your setup is ready for meetings you’ll be ready for webinars too.
Before the Meeting or Webinar
• Technology requirements … Check the requirements for computers and mobile devices. As mentioned above, for the possible conference call, whether you’re using a computer, mobile device or telephone for the audio part of the session, some kind of headset will make for better audio. And again, follow the requirements for meetings rather than for webinars.
• Computers … If you’ll be attending with a computer, the requirements link above explains about using the Chrome web browser (recommended) or their AnyMeeting desktop application. If you don’t have Chrome (or don’t want to or can’t get it), before the event you should go to the following link to download their desktop application.
• Mobiles and tablets … If you’ll be attending with your mobile device or tablet, see Webinar and Meeting Mobile Apps.
Joining the Meeting or Webinar
• About the login process … When you go to join the meeting or webinar, the login form will ask for your full name. However, if you want, you can enter just one name or any preferred name. This might matter to you because the name you enter will show up in the chat interface, so other attendees will see it when you chat. The login form will also ask for your email, but other attendees will not be able to see your email address.
• Joining the meeting or webinar … If you’ve signed up, you’ll be emailed a custom link. At the meeting or webinar time, or 5-10 minutes before, just go to the link, and then login as described above.
Other Support Info and Options
• Other attendee guides and support options, if needed.